1. Welcome to the Airnation.net Social Hangar! The place where everything Airlines is shared, discussed and debated. Whether you're a frequent traveler or a fan of airliners and airports you'll be able to find what you need here...so browse around, take a look and register if you like what you see. Registration is simple...just click on the 'Sign Up Now' link to the right of this message to get your FREE account (you can also choose to register using Facebook). Once you register this message will disappear. Hope you'll join us!

United 737 makes emergency landing in Omaha, Captain becomes ill

Discussion in 'Latest Airline Incidents' started by Lee Ferrara, Dec 31, 2013.

1. Lee Ferrara

Lee Ferrara Administrator Staff Member

United States United States
    United flight made an unscheduled landing in Omaha after the pilot became ill.

United spokeswoman Karen May said Tuesday that Flight 1637 was on its way from Des Moines to Denver on Monday night when the decision was made to set down in Omaha. The co-pilot landed the Boeing 737 without incident just after 9 p.m., and May says the pilot was taken to a local hospital.

May says United put up the passengers overnight in Omaha, and they're scheduled to complete their travel later Tuesday. May says there were 154 passengers and six crew members aboard the original flight.

May said Tuesday that the captain "is OK." She wouldn't provide other information about him or her.

SOURCE: http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/Flight-Diverted-238265791.html

2. Lord Leighton

Lord Leighton Hangar Gold Member I

I hope for his ticket that he only needs a flu shot.

David Barnshaw and Guitar Dave like this.
  3. Guitar Dave

Guitar Dave Hangar Bronze Member V

There is a real bad bug going around up here in 'Dreamland'.

4. Lord Leighton

Flu shot, flu shot, Anybody else? Get your flu shot now while they last!

David Barnshaw likes this.
  5. Liese

Liese Hangar Bronze Member III

Germany Germany
    Isn´t it a bit late in the season to get a flu shot? I thought one should ideally have one at the beginning of autumn as it takes about two weeks before one´s system acquires the necessary immunity.

6. Lord Leighton

You are correct, but it is never too late as one strain of flu (H1N1) JUST started to take hold in the northeast states and part of the south. Best $15.00 US I have ever spent. Pneumonia shots are more expensive but are good for 5 yrs. Got mine last yr. I bet every person who is sitting on a toilet with a bucket in front of them would gladly pay $15-25.00 to alleviate that malady in one nano second. Besides vapor lock on your innards hurts too! The flu shots here cover 4 different strains, 3 yet to appear. Please do not confuse the flu with the dreaded Norro virus to which they (CDC) are working on a vaccine as we speak. I told my Mom jokingly that it is so contagious that people can get it from talking to each other on the phone lol. It is THE nastiest flu like bug around. People infected before they know it, fly on planes (infecting everybody else) to get to their ocean cruise ships only to spread it on board ship and ruining everything.