The new base will be home to over 250 crewmembers, including approximately 170 flight attendants and 80 pilots by summer 2013. In addition, Spirit’s maintenance base at DFW, which opened earlier this year, will grow to employ over 30 mechanics and maintenance support personnel by next summer.
“As Spirit continues to expand operations at DFW, we are very excited to also add quality local jobs and to open a new crew base here,” said Spirit’s Chief Operating Officer Tony Lefebvre.
Spirit is inviting those interested in being a part of its high performing team to attend one of its flight attendant open houses taking place October 11 – 13, 2012.
DoubleTree by Hilton (near the Galleria)
4099 Valley View Lane
Dallas, TX 75244
Sign-in begins approximately one hour prior to each session and doors will close promptly at the following scheduled times.
- Thursday, October 11 at 9:00 am or 2:30 pm
- Friday, October 12 at 9:00 am or 2:30 pm
- Saturday, October 13 at 9:00 am
Interested applicants should bring the following documents to gain entrance to the Open Houses:
- Two forms of identification
- A current and valid passport or receipt of passport
- Names must be exact on passport and social security card
- Copies of social security card, driver’s license and passport, and bring originals
- Proof of eligibility to work in the U.S.
- A copy of your high school diploma or GED
To pursue career opportunities at Spirit Airlines and to submit applications online, visit www.spirit.com/careers.
Spirit introduced its ultra low fares at DFW just 18 months ago in May of 2011 and has continued to grow its operations there ever since. Today Spirit offers nonstop service to 17 destinations from DFW, including Atlanta, Baltimore/Washington, Boston, Chicago-O’Hare, Denver, Detroit, Fort Lauderdale, Houston-Bush Intercontinental, Las Vegas, Myrtle Beach, New York-LaGuardia, Orlando, Phoenix/Mesa, Portland (Oregon), San Diego, Tampa, Toluca/Mexico City.
In the next several months, Spirit is adding nonstop service to the following cities bringing the total number of nonstop destinations from DFW to 26:
- Fort Myers – November 8, 2012
- New Orleans – January 24, 2013
- Los Angeles – April 25, 2013
- Oakland/San Francisco – April 25, 2013
- Cancun, Mexico – April 25, 2013
- Minneapolis/St. Paul – April 26, 2013
- Philadelphia – April 26, 2013
- Los Cabos, Mexico – June 13, 2013
- Latrobe/Pittsburgh – June 14, 2013