Spirit Airlines is expanding at Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport (DFW) as it announced it is adding nonstop service to six new cities from DFW, including Fort Myers, Minneapolis-St. Paul, New Orleans, Philadelphia, Latrobe/Pittsburgh, and the airline has also filed to service Los Cabos, Mexico.
This will bring the total number of nonstop destinations that Spirit serves from DFW to 26.
- Spirit will offer nonstop seasonal service between DFW and Fort Myers Southwest Florida International Airport (RSW) with three weekly flights starting November 8, 2012 through April 24, 2013.
- Daily nonstop service between DFW and New Orleans International Airport (MSY) begins January 24, 2013, with a second daily flight starting June 13, 2013.
- Spirit will offer four weekly nonstop flights between DFW and Minneapolis-St. Paul International Airport (MSP) beginning April 26, 2013, with service increasing to daily on June 13, 2013.
- Spirit will offer four weekly nonstop flights between DFW and Philadelphia International Airport (PHL) beginning April 26, 2013, with service increasing to daily on June 13, 2013.
- Spirit will offer three weekly nonstop flights between DFW and Latrobe’s Arnold Palmer Regional Airport near Pittsburgh (LBE) beginning June 14, 2013.
- In addition, Spirit has filed with the U.S. Department of Transportation to begin nonstop service between DFW and Los Cabos, Mexico, serving Cabo San Lucas and San Jose del Cabo. Schedules and fares will be announced upon receipt of necessary governmental approval.
“We are committed to saving our customers money on travel by offering them the lowest fares,” says Texas native and Spirit’s Chief Marketing Officer Barry Biffle. “Now travelers from throughout the Metroplex have easy access to Spirit’s ultra low fares to 26 nonstop destinations from DFW.”
Spirit introduced its ultra low fares at DFW just over a year ago in May of 2011 and has continued to grow its operations there ever since. Today Spirit offers nonstop service to 15 destinations from DFW, including Atlanta, Boston, Chicago, Denver, Detroit, Fort Lauderdale, Las Vegas, Myrtle Beach, New York-LaGuardia, Orlando, Phoenix/Mesa, San Diego, Tampa, Toluca/Mexico City, and Portland, Oregon.
In addition to today’s announcement, earlier this month Spirit announced it is adding nonstop service to Baltimore/Washington, Houston, Oakland/San Francisco, Los Angeles, and the airline has also filed to service Cancun, Mexico. This brings the total number of nonstop destinations that Spirit serves from DFW to 26.
Image: Flickr [redlegsfan21]