American Airlines this week announced the flight numbers and markets for its first group of Boeing 777-300ERs (extended range) that will enter the airline’s fleet starting this December.
On Dec. 13, the Dallas/Fort Worth – Sao Paulo route will be the first to feature the newest addition to American’s fleet. In February, the aircraft will fly to London Heathrow from both Dallas/Fort Worth and New York JFK.
American is the first U.S. airline to order and take delivery of the Boeing 777-300ER. The 777-300ERs will complement American’s fleet by offering additional network flexibility in the future, as well as providing increased efficiency due to better seat mile economics and performance characteristics.
Below is a schedule for initial routes that will feature the 777-300ER. These schedules will appear in global distribution systems this week.
Here are the schedules…
● Dallas/Fort Worth-Sao Paulo, flights AA963/AA962, December 13 through December 31: Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday – southbound; Wednesday, Friday, Sunday – northbound;
● Dallas/Fort Worth-Sao Paulo, flights AA963/AA962, January 1 through January 30: Daily except Monday – southbound; Daily except Tuesday – northbound;
● Dallas/Fort Worth-Sao Paulo, flights AA963/AA962, January 31 through February 13: Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday – southbound; Wednesday, Friday, Sunday – northbound;
● Dallas/Fort Worth-London Heathrow Airport, flights AA50/AA79, January 31 through February 13: Daily;
● Dallas/Fort Worth – London Heathrow, flights AA50/AA51, February 14 onwards: Daily;
● New York JFK-London Heathrow, flights AA100/AA101, February 14 onwards: Daily;
● Dallas/Fort Worth-London Heathrow, flights AA78/AA79, March 2 through March 31: Daily; and
● New York JFK-Sao Paulo, flights AA951/AA950, April 2 onwards: Daily.
“American is proud to be among the first in the industry to offer a combination of fully lie-flat seats with all-aisle access, international Wi-Fi, and top-of-the-line in-seat entertainment,” said Virasb Vahidi, American’s Chief Commercial Officer. “On Dec. 13, our customers can experience these firsts on flights between Dallas/Fort Worth and Sao Paulo.”
As part of its international widebody strategy, American anticipates taking delivery of 10 Boeing 777-300ERs beginning in December 2012. The 777-300ERs will be configured as three-class aircraft and will include fully lie-flat First and Business Class seats, Main Cabin Extra, and Wi-Fi capability to keep customers connected while traveling internationally.
PR: American Airlines