Wednesday US Airways CEO Doug Parker confirmed that his airline is indeed interested in a possible merger with bankrupt American Airlines.
The Tempe, Arizona-based US Airways has hired Millstein & Co. as consultants to determine the viability of a potential deal:
‘“We can now decide whether it’s best to operate as a standalone or to participate in further consolidation over time,” Parker said. US Airways is “always interested in studying value-enhancing opportunities,” he said.’
Delta Airlines and investment firm TPG Capital are also both reported to be interested in American as well.
A US Airways-American merger seems the most likely. I don’t think the Feds will ever sign off on a Delta merger (anti-trust). Thoughts anyone….?
Sites That Link to this Post
- Report: Delta Interested in Buying...US Airways | January 28, 2012
- AMR's Horton Rips US Airways' Interest in Bid for American | February 3, 2012
- US Airways Confirms Purchase of US Airways-American Airlines Domain Names | March 13, 2012
- Report: US Airways Makes Possible Move to Take Over American Airlines | March 25, 2012
- US Airways Moving for Hostile Takeover of American Airlines, Has AA Unions on Board | April 20, 2012
- US Airways Filing Antitrust Paperwork to Boost American Airlines Bid | June 13, 2012
- US Airways Buys Chuck of American Airlines Debt, Becomes a Creditor | July 15, 2012